POSITION: Senior Accountant
FLSA CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
REPORTS TO: VP of Administration & Finance
Nature & Scope:
Responsible for process and controls to assure accurate financial data for all phases of construction projects, including quote, engineering, purchasing and as manufactured. Assures the accuracy and consistency of cost information between all departments, including Estimating, Engineering and Purchasing.
Specific Job Responsibilities & Duties: Accounting & Finance
• Coordinate project accounting activities including cost updates, job cost comparisons, in progress job cost monitoring, job cost closeout reporting, product P&L, project P&L, close trial balance, journal entries and contract summary.
• Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations, along with research and follow through of unreconciled items, for assigned accounts.
• Coordinates and reviews the timely preparation of accurate AIA billings and pay applications and prepares QuickBooks invoicing accordingly.
• Prepares lien releases & affidavits necessary for funds to be released from general contractors and developers.
• Maintains certificates of insurance necessary for general contractors and developers
• Develops and documents policies and procedures to assure complete, accurate and timely reporting of project cost data.
• Responsible for identification of areas for improvement, development of alternatives for resolution and implementation of corrective actions.
• Assists in the implementation and oversight of inventory control mechanisms to ensure accurate reporting
• Assures department actions are supporting corporate goals including cost improvements, inventory reductions and procurement efforts.
• Assists with the monthly accounting close and preparation of financial statements.
• Assists and provides supervision to the Accounts Payable Associate and Contract Administrator.
• Backup for the preparation and processing of biweekly payroll; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions
• Responsible for general ledger and financial visibility to material cost by major categories of cost including aluminum extrusions, glass, components.
• Improve or eliminate spreadsheet based accounting processes.
• Develop a positive workplace and act as an agent for change in a TEAM based environment
• Must be capable of building and working with cross functional teams.
• Assure consistent communications to foster a spirit of teamwork, responsibility and cooperation throughout the company
• Provide transformational leadership to insure a positive work environment
• Works with Purchasing to ensure adequate stock levels according to incoming orders and product mix.
Ability to effectively communicate and provide constructive feedback in a positive nature at all levels of the organization regarding performance and objectives. Take direction from Senior Management and display a positive “can-do” attitude, strong work ethic and utilizing strong problem solving skills. Motivate and empower employees to build a team.
• Degree in Accounting
• 5 years of progressive accounting experience, construction accounting a plus.
• Experience using QuickBooks
• AIA billing experience, knowledge of Textura and Procore a plus
• Problem analysis and resolution at functional levels.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with job cost accounting practices and systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work and influence cross functional teams.
• Team oriented with a positive attitude.
Dominant Physical Requirements & Essential Job Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
If interested please forward email and resume to: Josephina Yon, Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.