|REPORTS TO: Controller|
Nature & Scope
Responsible for process and controls to assure accurate financial data for all phases of construction projects, including quote, engineering, purchasing and as manufactured. Assures the accuracy and consistency of cost information between all departments, including Estimating, Engineering and Purchasing.
Specific Job Responsibilities & Duties: Accounting & Finance
- Coordinate project accounting activities with Staff Accountant including cost updates, job cost comparisons, in progress job cost monitoring and preparation of project P&L’s on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of monthly close through trial balance, including journal entries and account analysis on a timely and accurate basis
- Coordinates and reviews the timely preparation of timely and accurate AIA billings and pay applications with the Contract Administrator and insure QuickBooks invoicing accordingly.
- Work with Contract Administrator to prepare lien releases & affidavits necessary for funds to be released from general contractors and developers.
- Insure that the Contract Administrator maintains certificates of insurance necessary for general contractors, developers and sub-contractors.
- Prepare monthly Project P&L for Operation and Finance team.
- Monitor Project Management Process (PMP) to identify of areas for improvement, development of alternatives for resolution and implementation of corrective actions. (Assure proper closing of purchases, invoices, back charges, change order, etc.)
- Reconcile monthly PCCO (Prime Contract Change Order) log with CCO (Committed Cost Change Order) log to improve the accuracy of a project’s contribution margin.
- Reconcile monthly recoverable cost with the project’s project managers.
- Document and explain to management a project’s budget vs. actual monthly P&L variances.
- Supervise accounts payables actions are supporting corporate goals including cost, and procurement efforts.
- Supervise and provides support to the contract administrator and field operations staff
- Supports other tasks as necessary.
- Set-up P&L budgets in project management system.
- Improve or eliminate spreadsheet based accounting processes. Help implement new PMP system.
- Coordinate financial training program for Project Manager and field operation staff
- Assist PMP in coordinating material and the procurement of all orders. (Expl. verify price, job allocation costs, material scheduling, etc.)
- Develop a positive workplace and act as an agent for change in a TEAM based environment
- Must be capable of building and working with cross functional teams.
- Assure consistent communications to foster a spirit of teamwork, responsibility and cooperation throughout the company
- Provide transformational leadership to insure a positive work environment
- Works with Purchasing, Finance Team and Executive to ensure compliance with existing procedures and improve internal controls.
Ability to effectively communicate and provide constructive feedback in a positive nature at all levels of the organization regarding performance and objectives. Take direction from Senior Management and display a positive “can-do” attitude, strong work ethic and utilizing strong problem solving skills. Motivate and empower employees to build a team.
- Degree in Accounting
- Project management experience or construction experience a plus
- Microsoft Suite Proficient
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- 5 years of progressive accounting experience, construction accounting a plus.
- Experience using QuickBooks
- AIA billing experience, knowledge of Textura and Procore a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with job cost accounting practices and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work and influence cross functional teams.
- Team oriented with a positive attitude.
Dominant Physical Requirements & Essential Job Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Continental Glass Systems, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Continental Glass Systems, LLC is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to the HR Manager, Amanda Rodriguez, at firstname.lastname@example.org.