|REPORTS TO: CEO/HR|
Nature & Scope
Responsible for greeting visitors and delivering exceptional customer service assistance. This entails answering calls and fielding them accordingly, addressing visitor questions and needs, and providing an overall welcoming environment. This oftentimes includes performing impromptu administrative duties as needed.
Under the direct supervision of the CEO and HR this position provides administrative and secretarial support. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences, caterings and department activities for all members of the department. Organize conference and meeting room bookings.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system. Retrieves information from files when needed. Maintain building permit file.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls. Answer telephone, screen and direct calls and provide information to callers.
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization.
- Deal with queries from the public and customers.
- Tidy and maintain the reception area.
- Order business cards for new employees.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEO, President, Vice President and HR.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Activities include: copying check requests and sending to accounts payable travel reimbursement, documenting corporate credit card expenses to corporate finance. Submit and reconcile expense reports and provide support to Accounting & HR department.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Technical Capacity.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s degree.
- Two years of related experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Working knowledge of personal computers and the various applications in Outlook, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. This should enable you to type correspondence utilizing word processing programs, and to create spreadsheets presentations.
Bilingual, English and Spanish required- (read, write, & speak)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Continental Glass Systems, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Continental Glass Systems, LLC is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to the HR Manager, Amanda Rodriguez, at firstname.lastname@example.org.