|REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations|
Nature & Scope
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Focuses primarily on contract and renovation, and may also assist with special projects/small contract depending on market location, customer base, and assignment.
Specific Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Builds effective relationships with local industry contacts.
- Supports the sales force in its activities.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Marshal’s resources required in support of plans.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Understands, interprets and knows the work that must be performed by other sub-contractors.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Expresses a common vision for the work group. Clarifies roles and responsibilities of others.
- Builds a cohesive and effective work team.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Prepares financial statements and reports related to projects.
- Negotiates win-win outcomes in business deals and project situations.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Manages change as a key part of organizational success.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others. Manages cash flow of project and assists in the collection of billings.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Confronts performance problems in a constructive manner.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Applies Continuous Improvement principles in own work performance and drives Continuous Improvement application in company operations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
Four year degree in construction management, construction technology, construction engineering, civil engineering, business or related degree from a college or university; and a minimum of 7 years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficiency in Micro Soft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Explorer. Skilled in accounting/project management software. Understanding of the manufacturing process and performance characteristics for glass/glass coatings, and aluminum/aluminum finishes. Ability to identify and apply products to applications. Understanding of system capabilities, fabrication and installation. Ability to read wind load charts and calculate thermal expansion. Experienced in anchor design and selection. Ability to read and understand engineering calculations and fastener requirements. Basic understanding of door hardware.
Ability to perform technical reviews of shop drawings and calculations to ensure air, water, thermal, seismic, acoustic and structural performance. Proficiency in “just in time” material procurement scheduling. Ability to coordinate job specific performance testing. Ability to coordinate the solution of changed or special site engineering problems. Proficiency in sealant and structural adhesive technologies. Knowledge of fire and smoke containment systems. Knowledge of safety and security glazing requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, stand, sit, bend, and walk. Occasional travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment includes a variety of office, shop, and job site settings.
Continental Glass Systems, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and background screening.
Continental Glass Systems, LLC is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to the HR Manager, Jennifer Bravo, at firstname.lastname@example.org.